At FOL, we believe that the regular giving of tithes & offerings is an important discipline of the Christian faith. The funds from offerings are used for the day to day operations of FOL, the funding of local & global outreaches, individual benevolence, and many other vital parts of the church.
To make a donation using Zelle:
- type in our email “[email protected]”
- in the notes, if you like the donation to be directed some department let us know, for example: “Kids Ministry”
- If no note provided, donations will go to the church general account.
To make a donation via CashApp:
- Download CashApp on Apple AppStore or Google PlayStore, select the amount you want to donate, and click pay.
- In the “To” field type $FOLEC
- in the description type in the department, for example: “Kids Ministry”.
- If no note is provided, donations will go to the church general account.
Write a Check:
- Make check payable to: “Fountain of Life Church”,
- In the memo, type in the department, for example: “Kids Ministry”
- If no note is provided, donations will go to the church general account
- Mail check to: “PO Box 2842 Clackamas OR 97015“
Giving reflects a grateful heart that wants to give back to God a portion of what He has blessed us with. It is our opportunity to show God that He is first in our lives and that He is the owner of our finances by giving back to Him the first of what He has given to us.
The Bible teaches that we should (1) give regularly, (2) give proportionally, (3) give sacrificially, and (4) give cheerfully.
1 Corinthians 16:2 says, “On the first day of each week , you should each put aside a portion of the money you have earned. Don’t wait until I get there and then try to collect it all at once.”
Give Proportionally – tithing 10% of our income
Matthew 23:23 says, “What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law – justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.”
Mark 12:43-44, “Jesus called his disciples to him and said, ‘I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.’”
2 Corinthians 9:6-7 says, “Remember this – a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop. You must each decide in your own heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.”
We Are thankful
The call and invitation to give carries with it–as it always does–a twofold blessing: first, apart from any present circumstance, giving frees our hearts from dependence on our wealth and returns us to a place of thankfulness and dependence on God, and second, in light of our present circumstance, it gives us a chance to choose together to invest in the growth of God’s kingdom and the work that He’s prepared for us.
Please note that all gifts are tax deductible, and Fountain of Life Church will gladly send you an annual giving report.